Friday, September 14, 2007

Sweet Pea jabs

Not to steal Filo's thunder, but...

- This is a pretty cool article about how the two MLB MVP's should be from the city so nice they named it twice.

- And the Eli Manning injury isn't what gets me. It's the fact that he's yanked down BY HIS COLLAR and injures his shoulder. Last time I checked, the horse-collar tackle was outlawed by the NFL because Roy Williams, A FRIGGIN' COWBOY, was grabbing people by the collar.

So that means on Sunday night before a national audience, some shulb pulled off the same move outlawed due to the actions of a teammate on the field at the time and didn't even garnish a replay from Al Michales, John Madden and the crack-production team at NBC.

I'm sure it wasn't that tackle at full-speed and I'm sure that it was Eli's fault and I'm sure that even if the Giants got another chance at that two-point conversion, they would have found a way to blow it and I'm sure that regardless, the defense wouldn't have stopped my mom on a post corner with Tony Romo (who really didn't look that great) dropping back behind a pack full of nuns...

But it still graps my goat, gosh darnit to watch that replay over and over as they tell me how Elisha isn't man enough to start against the Pack this Sunday.

----------------
Now playing: Various - Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun
via FoxyTunes

No comments: