Friday, December 28, 2007

Filowitz's Friday Five

New Year's Resolution edition!

1) I resolve to watch as many Warriors games as possible, so I can have a constant tonic of joy to counterbalance whatever illness I'll feel by watching the Knicks.

2) I resolve to root against the Patriots every chance I get, this year's playoffs, the draft, next preseason, and next season. Rooting against is much more fun that grudging respect.

3) I resolve to go to many more baseball games, as there is no finer live sporting experience, and I do live a mile or so from probably the greatest ballpark in the US.

4) I resolve to love more and hate less, to embrace optimism and push away cynicism, to pursue joy and lose all self-pity. It seems like the right year for unabashed happiness.

5) I resolve to keep this blog going strong all through 2008. It's been fun so far (hopefully for you all, too) and it can only get better from here!

Thanks for reading, and here's hoping you all have a sweet new year!

No comments: