Friday, February 22, 2008

Indiana times two

Oh Danny Boy, didn't you attend the prestigious Indiana University?

So to not hear your thoughts on the whole Kelvin Sampson thing is a touch unnerving.

OK, that's a little overdramatic, but I would expected an opinion. Sampson calls recruits too much and will likely be either suspended or fired in hours. But he's also made IU basketball relevant for the first time since, well I'm leaving out the Jared Jeffries/Mike Davis experience, but there were ready to become a legit Top tier program again.

And now this.

Eric Gordon is getting a lot of hype for freshman of the year, player of the year and the like, but I haven't seen him play and don't know if he's ready for the Association.

I did catch USC v Oregon last night and can say this - if O.J. Mayo stays at USC, they'll be a Top 5 program next year on his shoulders. After a shaky first half, he took over when necessary and hit a three from Long Beach to keep the Ducks at bay.

This is "Go-Time" for the college basketball season and while I await Kris' expertise on the subject, I mean his job does require him to tape just about every game possible, I love USC to make some noise and fade early, just like Drake and whatever bottom-feeding SEC school that will make it off reputation for an over rated league.

Now the other Indiana.

When I first heard they were making another Indiana Jones, I joked just like everybody else about Harrison Ford's age and how it would suck and yadda, yadda, yadda.

But when I caught this trailer and heard the music, a smile broke across my face. It's just like this column by Mike Vaccaro about the start of baseball season. Regardless of what's happened in the past, everything can be forgiven in moments by the pure memory of previous joy.

Watch this clip and see if you don't get that tingle.

4 comments:

zman said...

Speaking of movies, where is Kris' Oscar preview?

THE INNOVATOR said...

Well well well. Another country heard from.

Martin I will be talking college hoops very soon. For your info Eric Gordon is a fucking man, and he will be in the league, soon and playing well. Oj Mayo is fucking league too, he is worth the hype. He hits big shots and from deep, he fried us earlier this year.

As for the Indiana Jones movie I felt the same as Martin when the decided to make a new one, but I did get excited when I hear that they were using Speilberg to Direct Lucas to Produce (both what they do best). Then on top of that using David Koepp to write the screenplay (Spider Man, Stir of Echoes, Toy Soldiers, Carlitos Way, Jurassic Park, Mission: Impossible, Snake Eyes) and Janusz Kaminski to do cinematography (who has done every Speilberg movie since Schindler's List).

I watched the first trailer when it came out last week and almost wet myself. If you have seen it you know what I am talkign about, when the music starts and you see the shadow of him putting the hat on, awesome!!!

As for my Oscar preview I thought they were next week and realized they were this week. Therefore I need to get to work Andrew, I will probably work on it today and tomorrow (things very busy at work here) and post it sometime early Sunday before th big show.

Dan Filowitz said...

This Kelvin Sampson thing is depressing. But I was never a big school-spirit guy, so it doesn't bother me too much. Like, on a scale from zero to Isiah in terms of how much this makes my blood boil and my stomach sick, this is like a 1.5.

I have watched a couple of games, though, and I agree with Kris, Gordon is real.

New Indiana Jones? Sign me up.

Anonymous said...

Kris, I agree with OJ Mayo, but with all due respect, Kentucky fried you too.