Sunday, March 16, 2008

Excuses are like Assholes

Yes I know Dan is calling me out now, so of course I have to respond. I could come up with a bevy of excuses to explain my absence on here, like:

--Over the past 5 weeks I have averaged 78 hours of work per my official time card (I often under submit hours in order to avoid filling out other paperwork explaining why I worked so much)

--The last week I was in the ATL, and since I am technologically challenged I don’t own one of the fancy traveling computers.

--The other night I was trying to enjoy some college basketball when a tornado about ripped the damn roof off the building I was in.

--I don’t currently have a working computer at my household


But since I am a professional I will not make any of those excuses. What I will do is start analyzing this tournament for you. I will first give you the “biggest snubs” and the “biggest lucky ass bastards who for some reason got in the tournament” here today.

SNUBS


Virginia Tech- The facts are these: the ACC rated as the number one conference and the Hokies finished 4th in the league earning a first round bye in the tournament. Why have regular seasons in the conference if they really don’t mean that much?

Arizona State- They wouldn’t have too much to gripe about if Arizona didn’t get in, but the Wildcats did. Now I know you can point to their weak SOS and Arizona’s high SOS but all I know is when the two teams faced off the Sun Devils won them both, I guess that doesn’t matter

VCU- This is a personal pick because I am friends with the staff, but they won their regular season league (CAA) by three games going away. They also performed well on the road, going 12-0 between the road and neutral sites.


LUCKY BITCHES

Villanova- I have absolutely no idea what they did to deserve this invitation. They have a difficult first round match up and could get run right out of this tournament before they know the game has even started.

Baylor- They have no right being in this field. Heck most experts didn’t even have them in the “Last Four Out” crowd that is how lucky they are.

Georgia- Yes I know the “earned” the berth, however they are so fucking terrible it is an embarrassment to all the SEC teams. We should have to forfeit all of our bids because we let Georgia win the conference tournament.


As for what is coming this week, Tuesday we will have teams I like and dislike, Wednesday we will have my fearless and sure to go wrong predictions, Thursday players to look out for and Friday we will have the day one wrap up. Stay tuned and fuck off Dan.

2 comments:

Twinkie said...

I guess I'll add my two cents, not that anyone is calling me out for it, but on Monday, I'll break down the Big East (since I watched that conference all year long) and any other team that I saw this season...

Not that anybody cares what I think, said Eeyore as he put his mouth around the shotgun...

Dan Filowitz said...

I would have called both you and Josh out, but, well, I'm just glad to see you're still alive Martin.

As far as I know, Josh is now preparing to for his mass wedding presidied over by the Reverend Sun Myung Moon.