Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Countdown - 10 to go

So it goes...

Jose Reyes led off the game with a double and Daniel Murphy followed with a run-scoring single. That would be enough, especially after the superstar shortstop slapped a single to score Santana...

Sorry, this blog is brought to you by the letter S.

Johan pitched well, the Mets scored runs and more importantly, the Cubs scored four runs off Solomon Torres to erase a 4-run Brewers lead in the ninth and now sit 1.5 games behind the Mets for the final playoff spot in the NL.

Yeah, I would rather the division title but the only thing that matters is a ticket to the Dance. After that, anything goes.

I heard about the Brewers collapse listening to Chris "Mad Dog" Russo on my XM radio, only to find out that he cut a deal with both satellite radio stations meaning he's on Sirrus as well.

Good for him. I never really listened to Mike and the Mad Dog on WFAN, mostly cuz I was out doing stuff like playing in the street, collecting empty crack viles and breaking into bakeries near Votee Park.

Anyway, my next mission is trying to figure out how and/or when I'll get into Turner Field this weekend. Two night games and a Sunday special which I'll be lucky to get anything more than a score report with it being my daughter's first birthday, which is interesting enough because wouldn't it really be her second birth day?

Next up:
Oliver Perez (10-7 4.09 ERA) vs. Jo-Jo Reyes (3-11 - 5.50 ERA)
Oli has pitched well against the Braves, in big games and at Turner Field. We really need this game and if I had a game to pick to attend, this would be it. I don't really want to see Pedro struggle on Saturday night while Jorge Campillo looks like Fernando in 1981. As I said, Sunday is out of the question, although I would love for that to be Naomi's first baseball game somehow I don't think my wife will let that fly...

No comments: