Monday, February 23, 2009

Kris and Dan Answer NBA Questions

Question: Who is your least favorite player in the NBA?

Kris:

My least favorite NBA player? Hummm…that is a good question, the Knicks don’t really have a nemesis like back in the day when it was easy to root against the flat face retard Scottie Pippen. I am not sure if I just clearly don’t like anyone in the league ... Oh wait a minute, yes I do, Larry Hughes.

Now this hatred stems way back before he became a New York Knick. It comes from his overall terribleness.

A few years ago he literally dribbled Cavalier playoff games off of his foot. It was truly painful to watch him just ruin a complete season of NBA title chances for LeBron as he continually made a mockery of the game.

Muhammed Ali once said “I’m so bad I make medicine sick.” Well Larry Hughes is similar just not in the funny or ironic sense. Cancer wakes up everyday and prays that it doesn’t have Larry Hughes. Diabetes has yearly checkups to make sure it hasn’t contacted Larry Hughes…is that enough…one more, okay. Heart Disease has to get its prostate checked twice a year to make sure it doesn’t have Larry Hughes.


Dan:

Larry Hughes is a good choice, sure.

But my least favorite player in the NBA is my least favorite for no reason I can put my finger on.

I hate Earl Watson.

There is just something about Earl Watson - no, wait, there is just everything about Earl Watson - that makes me not just disgusted and annoyed but actually angry.

Maybe it's the look on his face. Maybe it's that really crappy thin mustache he has. Maybe it's that he played for UCLA, and I have a residual dislike for everything UCLA. Maybe it's his game, which is simply not very good, with the added fact of him carrying himself like a player who is good, which he isn't. He takes bad shots. He doesn't make enough of them. He doesn't pass as well as he should. He doesn't really play particularly good defense. When he does something positive, it strikes me as wrong, anwyay.

I don't really understand it completely, to be honest. But every time I watch him play, I start cursing uncontrollably.

In fact, in December 2007 I had the opportunity to attend a game in Seattle, while the Sonics were still there and Earl Watson was on that team. I wanted to go to the game for three reasons:

1 - To see a Sonics game before they left Seattle
2 - To see Kevin Durant in person (that was awesome, I saw him dunk on Rasho Nesterovic)
3 - To boo Earl Watson. Which I did, from when he was introduced to any time he did anything good or bad on the court. Loudly.

And I enjoyed it. I really felt good, booing Earl Watson.

My friend Greg, who was at the game with me, didn't understand it. Like I said, I don't really understand it. But there it is.

I hate Earl Watson.

I wish he would go away from the NBA forever, and not ruin my league with his craptitude and his mustache and his awfulness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a good larf in a while, so thank you for your hatred.

I can't give you a particular NBA player, but right now I pretty much hate Chris Wright and Jessie Sapp.

Both of these undersized 2-guards who must play point have ruined my Hoyas season. Wright continues to make horrible decisions on a nightly basis. And when he's not doing that, he's taking terrible shots from bad spots on the floor.

Jessie Sapp, that's a whole different story. He was a quality player last year as the 2 to Johnathan Wallace. Ah, the smaller John Wallace, the solid PG who ran the offense well...

Those were the days.

Either way, Sapp was supposed to help bridge the gap. Instead, he's helping to burn it down with Wright somehow on either end with canisters of gas.

I've been hoping for the past two weeks that they get enough wins to get an invite to the NIT. It's been an insult watching the last two games (Marquette and Louisville) and having to see their "tournament prospects".

HA!

The only thing from that page that shines brightest is the fact that Town has/had the third toughest schedule in the nation.

This is Georgetown, who for years beat up on Morgan State Tech and Eastern Maryland State before Big East play.

I've lost my point and probably should have made this a post, but what can you do about that now?

Anonymous said...

My two all-time least favorite players in the NBA are Vince Carter and Antoine Walker. I wouldn't pick either one of these ass-clowns for my pick-up team at my local gym, much less for an NBA team. They both kill team chemistry, play no defense, are overrated, and are just buffoons in general. I would even go so far as to state that the Nets should trade Vince Carter and that retarded mascot for a bag of popcorn and then they would be much more successful. I mean, literally, I think if V.C. just disappeared tomorrow, they would be a better team even without filling his roster spot.

Anonymous said...

What's up? Spring training began, we've had a World baseball classic and we're into the sweet sixteen of the NCAA tournament...not to mention a TO firing and signing and a stud young qb looking to make a move and not one post...what happened?