Sunday, April 26, 2009

Game 18 - Nationals 8, Mets 1

I won't say much because there isn't much to say.

Oli Perez is a second half pitcher? No, not going for that. How about this and I'm being somewhat serious.

He didn't get a proper spring training since he played for Mexico in the World Baseball Classic. No this isn't an excuse about the event since I'm a big fan of baseball. No this is a reprimand on the Mexican National Team.

I'm gonna guess they pulled a grape picker from San Diego to be the pitching coach. That and to allow Oli and his crazy ass on his own for weeks when he's supposed to be preparing for the regular season is detrimental.

How about this? I'll consider him a complete bust for this season in August if he's still in the rotation and has a 5.13 ERA. I'm more concerned about Monday's outing with John Maine on the hill. He's the one with regular people stuff.

I mean, Perez has a nasty slider to fall back on. Maine just has a rising fastball and that's about it. He's the one who needs to get on track and start throwing strikes.

I'm not even gonna look at David Wright batting .271 or the fact they left a Russian harem on the bases. I'm just gonna think about how they've won two of their last three games, how the Marlins were taking their own lumps against the Phillies and hope Maine can pitch well at home.

No comments: