Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Game 55 - Mets 6, Phillies 5

First and foremost, what a game.

I was lucky enough to get a clear signal on my XM and listened to a large majority of it and all I can say is, what a game.

The scary thing is the amount of runs the Mets left on the board. Ryan Church failed to bring home a runner from third with one out. There were others who had similar at-bats and it took a RBI double from Johan Santana to put them back up...

Granted, that was after Santana had given up a couple of home runs to give up the lead, the killer was a two-run bomb by Jimmy Rollins.

There were seven home runs in the game, a new Citi Field record. What that really says is when you pull the ball, you can hit it out. It's the gappers that will hold. what that says about Church's homer in the seventh, I'll soon see on Baseball Tonight...

After I put Naomi down...

And now, I've sat down in front of a Magic lead in the fourth quarter of game three, so I'll leave it with this - In this series, we have to win at least two of the three games.

One down, Pelfrey has to pitch better today and we'll go from there.

No comments: