Monday, June 22, 2009

Game 67 - Mets 6, Cardinals 4

Able to get a big win tonight before a national crowd...

Add to that, got to hear proof of how much of a moron Steve Phillips is. The fact he still gets credit for David Wright, like noticing a gap-hitting third baseman with a good glove was hard...

He was talking about how Redding didn't have anything to worry about after Pujos cracked a laser past David Wright for a double. How Redding should throw a curve to Ludwig and then we all watched when he crushed that same pitch, the one that Phillips called for, for a 2-run homer to get the Red birds within one...

But what was even better was the Mets getting another run in the next frame. Did you know the Mets as a team, without Delgado and Reyes and now Beltran (who didn't see this coing?), are second in the NL in batting and on-base percentage?

They pounded out 14 hits, four by Omir Santos himself, but I was most impressed with Daniel Murphy. He's up to .254 now, but it's clear that he's a bit more comfortable about everything. The kid can hit and I just hope he's able to stay in the lineup...

On a completely separate note, I was tricked into a Facebook page. I can see why the world is on it, what with the ability to see pictures of people you haven't thought about in years and send a short message about whatever you just did (Or is that Twitter?).

I really shouldn't say anything bad about it because I was on for a lot longer than I wanted to be...but I also pay way too much attention to Mets baseball and I don't see this battling with that.

Anyway, good win. Gotta go back out tomorrow and get another one with Livan Hernandez on the hill.

No comments: