Thursday, June 25, 2009

Game 70 - Mets 3, Cardinals 2

So much has happened since I kept track of this game on my cell phone with 15 second refreshers on the box score ESPN page and then sent off my last text to Josh, my Cards fan friend to rub in taking 3 of 4 from the NL Central leaders with a completed depleted roster, including a shutout led by an Astros retread making only his third major league start...



First, I found out that Farrah Fawcett died and thinking back, the only thing about her career that makes a blip on the radar would be this photo.
Must have been cold that day at the shoot, huh?

Then I watched some of the draft and looked quizically at the screen when I noticed that the T-wolves took Ricky Rubio, Jonny Glynn and Ty Lawson. How did they get three, actually four first round picks? Why would they spend three of them on point guards? They can't imagine going that small with Rubio and Glynn, can they? I will say this - It certainly opened my eyes and got me to start talking about Minnesota.

Then I heard the news that Michael Jackson died at the age of 50.

I understand as news media outlets, they must talk about the last five to ten years and the legal cases, to which the man was never found guilty. But to do that takes away from the 30 years of Jackson being a musical genius and world icon.

Michael Jackson. Dead.

Pelfrey vs. somebody in The Citi Friday night, I don't really know what else to say.

No comments: