Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Here Come The Warm Jets: Week 5 2009

I don't want to talk about it.

Maybe the defense read their own press all week? What a pathetic no-show of a game they had. I mean, they knew the Wildcat was coming, right?

I'll be honest, I only saw about half the game, bouncing back and forth from seeing bands to the bar. I was getting updates throughout from my brother and Greg.

For the parts I saw, the tackling was terrible, and there was too much over-pursuit on the edges that led to big plays.

Bottom line, though, is if you take the lead with around 5 minutes left and you're supposed to be a good defense, you don't give up that final TD drive. You just don't.

God damn it I hate losing to the god damned Dolphins. Any time. Especially on prime time.

The other bottom line, the real bottom line:

If they lose to the shitty Bills next week, at home, then you can without question say that this team peaked in Week 2 against the Pats, and it's all down hill from now on.

The offensive line hasn't played one good game yet. The defense needs to answer this crap week with a good one against a team that just scored 3 points against the freakin' Browns. Rex Ryan needs to bounce back.

If I felt like being rational, I could point out a few positives (Braylon Edwards looked good, Sanchez didn't turn the ball over, the fake punts) but I don't really feel like being rational. I have to think about losing to the Dolphins all week. So rational can go sit in the corner and chill for a while.

This was a blown opportunity. To put the Dolphins in a huge hole. To take a one game lead over the Patriots. To solidify this team as a force in the AFC.

Now we're left with that sickeningly familiar feeling - that this is still a team you can't trust, and that is bound to leave us frustrated and heartbroken when it's all said and done.

I told you I didn't want to talk about it.

3 comments:

THE INNOVATOR said...

Welcome back Dan, welcome back Jets fans, its good to have you back. This happy go lucky, everything is great Jets fans was really getting on my nerves.

zman said...

"Frustrated and heartbroken." That's the Dan I know and love.

Anonymous said...

I want that rematch right now!!

-Anonymous Jets Fan