Wednesday, July 11, 2007

How's That Now?

Howard Beck of the New York Times is a great basketball writer. I enjoy his coverage of the New York Knicks more than I enjoy the coverage in any of the other New York papers.

That said, this line, towards the bottom of his article about the Knicks summer league team made my eyes pop out of my head:

[Randolph] Morris is stuck behind [Eddy] Curry at center and [Zach] Randolph and [David] Lee at power forward. But if he progresses quickly, he could make Jerome James expendable. (emphasis mine)

He could make Jerome James expendable?

Could?

Jerome James was expendable the minute he signed (a five year, $30 million deal, after he played a total of four good playoff games against a team with no center. We pause to raise a toast to the incomparable genius of Isiah.)

The chairs that rookie prospects play against in those pre-draft workouts make Jerome James expendable.

A corned beef sandwich from Katz's Deli makes Jerome James expendable.

Jerome James is not only expendable, he is execrable. He is excrement in basketball shorts.

I would rather see Eddie Lee Wilkins on the court, as he is TODAY, than to see Jerome James play one more New York Knick minute.

I would rather see a baby get punched in the face than see Jerome James play basketball.

I would rather see Oprah and Al Roker make love on a beanbag chair than see Jerome James on the Knicks bench.

I would rather...well, you get the idea.

Could make Jerome James expendable? Come on, Howard Beck. Come on.

3 comments:

zman said...

So how do you feel about Jerome James?

Unknown said...

For the record, (yes every post will be for the record for now on) I actually think you're on to something with this punch a baby in the face idea of yours. Think about the wager possibilities....How long will the baby cry? Will it be a delayed cry or instant? Will the baby survive? I'm willing to move to a third world country and give it a shot if you are. Let me know.

zman said...

Speaking of the Knicks trade, did anyone see Gus Johnson pause Spike Lee?

http://wmdeez.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/rebel-without-a-pause/