Friday, July 27, 2007

Square out to the minivan

Every one associated with this blog played two-hand touch football in the street, probably a little stiickball when you couldn't get onto a real field.

It's funny, I know Dan for his great 3rd and 8 routes on a grass field because I didn't play my street ball in the Sherman Ave Street League. I was a card-carrying member of the Alicia Ave Street League.

Let's see. Jimmy Finch and Brian John lived across from one another and were comperable athletes in all sports, but Robbie Parham was our 3rd and 8 receiver...

With that in mind, you can understand why this headline caught my eye...

Say goodbye to two-hand touch games

The sad thing is, watching high school football out here and all the time coaches expect from these kids in the summer, I know that this is a reality nationwide.

No comments: