Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Trivia Time

I figured what the hell, right? We all like sports and there is nothing better than discussing sports trivia. So from time to time I will come up with little 10 questions quizzes just to test the knowledge of our readers. Here is the first one (Matt, feel free to cheat I really don't care):

QUIZ 1

1) Who was the first player in any sport to have his number retired and what number was it?

2) Who was the first QB to throw 30 touchdowns in an NFL season?

3) Where did Venus Williams and Andre Agassi both win their first Grand Slam?

4) Who won the first ever Rose Bowl? BONUS: What year was it played?

5) Of the 12 players on the 1992 Dream Team how many of them were voted to the NBA’s Fifty Greatest team?

6) Who Am I? I began my Major League career as a shortstop in 1974 at the age of 18. I played my entire career for one team, where I earned two MVP awards. I retired with 251 home runs, 1406 RBIs, and 271 stolen bases and over 3,000 hits. I was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1999.

7) Name the college? (I give you 3 athletes from various sports who all attended the same college). Tim Lincecum, Detlef Schrempf, Corey Dillon

8) Joe Carters walk off homerun in the 1993 World Series was a three run blast, what two hall of famer’s (or soon to be Hall of Famers) where on base?

9) Who set the NHL Rookie record for goals in a season, Wayne Gretzky, Teemu Selanna or Brett Hull?

10) George Foreman TKOed Smokin Joe Frazier in January 1973 to win the heavyweight championship. What city did this fight take place in?
Kingston, Jamaica
London, England
Nassau, Bahamas
BONUS: How many times was Frazier knocked down in 2 rounds?

1 comment:

squire said...

without any aid or assistance

1. Lou Gehrig #4
2. Unitas
3. Wimbledon
4. USC 1906
5. 10 no mullin or laettner
6. Robin Yount
7. Washington
8. Rickey Henderson, Paul Molitor
9. Selanne
10. Kingston, 5