Friday, October 19, 2007

Filowitz's Friday Five

1) Good for you, Joe Torre. I applaud a man that leaves with both his head and middle fingers held high. This is actually a win-win situation, though. It is probably a good time for a change for the Yankees, and this, in the end, will be best for both Torre and the team, in the long run.

2) Speaking of the Yankees coverage, have you heard what the Orioles and White Sox have been doing this offseason while the playoffs are still going on? You haven’t? What about the Cardinals, or the Padres? No? Weird.

3) Right now, I’m hoping that the Red Sox force a game 7, only for them to lose in that game 7. That will be the most entertaining outcome, as who doesn’t love playoff game 7’s, and is also guaranteed to simultaneously create the most joy (Cleveland fans) and the most pain (Red Sox fans.) No word on how much sunshine and rain it’ll cause, though.

4) AmarĂ© Stoudemire just got a tattoo on his the inside of his bicep that says “Knowing is Knowledge”. That is so tremendous, on so many levels. You need to read the FreeDarko guys talking about it, here and here.

5) I’m officially excited about the start of the NBA season. I’ve realized that for me the NBA has now surpassed baseball as my second favorite sport to follow, behind the NFL. In fact, this year, I’m going to get League Pass so I can watch more games (I need to see Kevin Durant play, and the Suns, and the Warriors, and the Bobcats, seriously, and to see more Knicks games than I would here, and so much more.) There will also be some other NBA-related projects I’ll be involved in coming soon. For those of you that fell out of love with the NBA five or six years ago, I’m telling you, come back now. Or just keep checking in here.

3 comments:

Joe Grossberg said...

Shit man, I live within an hour of two baseball parks, and I haven't heard jack about the Nats or the O's this offseason.

"Knowing is Knowledge" ... well it's better than Stephen Jackson's new tat.

Dan Filowitz said...

No, no, no.

Stephen Jackson's praying hands with gun is ALSO a tremendous tattoo.

Inspired, I think I'm going to get the word "Tattoo" tattooed on my back.

And "Jewish Jesus" tattooed on my neck.

zman said...

Game 7 is upon us. I am wearing my Aaron Boone #19 Yankees t-shirt. What's the over/under on beatings I will receive walking around my neighborhood today?