Monday, October 22, 2007

Heaven is a Place on Earth

Yes this about sports, so don’t worry.

As most logical thought provoked human beings you have conceived of the notion of a Heaven and what it is like. Is it a literal place, like Camden, or is it more of a feeling a peacefulness inside you.

Well this weekend I was finally able to answer that question. Heaven indeed can be a place, figuratively, here on Earth. I had that warm feeling on Saturday morning when I clicked on ESPN.com to see that the Allan Houston comeback attempt was over. I felt my heart ease into a peacefulness that I have never before enjoyed in my life. I can only imagine that it is the peacefulness of Heaven written about in the Bible.

I tell you, since the news of him making a comeback attempt was announced I haven’t been able to get good nights sleep. Seriously, I have tossed and turned all night, with dreams of Houston having 27 points in the first three quarters of a playoff game and then going 0-7 with 1 made FT in the 4th quarter. I could see it now, his defensive assignment, maybe say Ray Allen going for 17 in the 4th quarter and overtime of the decisive regular season game deciding home court advantage. I could imagine browsing the box scores and wondering why Allan Houston is only averaging 1.7 rebounds per game. All of these things kept me up at night, waking up screaming in a cold sweat.

But alas now my heart and mind are at ease, Allan Houston will officially never play for my beloved Knickerbockers again. The rest of the weekend was a celebration, yeah I know my football team lost to Vanderbilt, but Allan Houston isn’t coming back.

Speaking of Vanderbilt, the line of the Millemium goes to The Ole Ball Coach. When asked where do you go from here and what do you do coach? Spurrier responded with this quip, “Where do we go, we go to Knoxville and play Tennesee next week. What can we do about the guys, well we can’t trade em, so we just gotta play with them.”

2 comments:

Dan Filowitz said...

I would say this is hyperbolic, but I, too, felt elation at the news that Allan Houston's comeback was short lived.

We don't need ghosts of the past wandering the floor nightly, aimlessly grasping at former glories while all watching wishes it back from whence it came.

And, look, the Knicks are going to be bad enough on defense with the young guys they have now. Why make things worse?

Now if only Jerome James goes away, too....

Yurri The Fucking Giant said...

I think the bigger concern is how are the Knicks going to be able to supply enough snacky cakes for both Curry and Randolph?? I'm so angry I am not a part of the fattest and laziest front court to ever toe the hard wood..... BASTARDS!

http://theboomboomreport.blogspot.com/