Friday, October 5, 2007

He said what?!?!?

I'm a big fan of radio, so much so my journalism concentration was based in radio.
I'm also a big baseball fan, so when I heard XM Radio would be broadcasting every MLB game, I was first on line to purchase the new technology.

In my haste, I got one of the prototype devices, so much so that occasionally it picks up sound waves it probably shouldn't.

I don't listen to the news or political stations, so I can't tell you if it has the White House frequency, but it does seem to get interviews of sports athletes before it gets cut up for public consumption.

Sometimes, it even gets the stuff before the reporter hits record on his digital device...

Don't ask how, just believe in Mr. Universe
There is only the truth of the signal. Everything goes somewhere and I go everywhere.
So without further ado...

Holden Cushner talks with Kaz Matsui after the Rockies' 10-5 win.

HC: Kaz, great game. We'll be ready to roll with this equipment in a sec, but how's it been for you this year?

KM: Fine. I'm just glad I was able to Escape from New York without Kurt Russell.

HC: Hey, I thought you needed a translator?

KM: I thought you were a bitch ass and apparently I was right.

HC: Where's all this hostility coming from?

KM: Sorry about that. I could always speak English, but it just seemed easier with a translator heading to New York. Those guys never gave me a fair shake. I mean, I was a rookie in a new league and they expected me to bat .300 right off the boat.
The fact that Ichiro did it was because that guy is amazing and Godzilla was put in the middle of Murderer's Row, aka the New York Yankees lineup. I never stood a chance with the Mets.

HC: Wow, you sure have a lot to say.

KM: Well, you go 3-for-5 with two runs scored and a grand slam and see how great you feel.

HC: Talk about that grand slam at-bat. What were you trying to do?

KM: I was trying to be the hero.

HC: Seriously?

KM: What do you think? First off, I was in Philly and I could piss from second base and hit a fan in the left field bleachers. Next, who was on the mound, Kyle Loshe? That guy's a bum like that whole pitching staff. They threw their best with Hamels, now they're done.

HC: Aren't you afraid the air in Colorado might wake up their big bats?

KM: About as scarred as meeting the real Godzilla in my bathroom stall tomorrow night? By the way, do you have the number to a massage place where I can catch a "Happy Ending"?

No comments: