Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Here Come The Warm Jets: Week 5

All I can say after this latest embarrassing Jets loss:

What a relief!

Now at least I don’t have to worry too much about the rest of the season, as it is effectively over.

Now I don’t have to fret about winning or losing every game. Now I don’t have to monitor the records of several other AFC teams to make sure that they’ll make it as a wild card team. Now I don’t have to be as maddeningly frustrated as the Patriots look to go undefeated.

Now I can afford to not watch a game or two if I don’t feel like it, especially if it’s not on TV in Chicago and I have to get my hung over ass out of bed to be in a bar by noon just to see it.

Now I don’t have to feel so guilty about wanting to see the Chad Pennington Era come to an end.

Now I don’t have to concern myself with ever getting too cocky or too used to having a good team, which I suppose could happen if the team actually had two consecutive good years. Now I don’t have to worry about ever being spoiled by success.

Now I can settle back into that familiar feeling of contempt, disgust, and general pessimism about the future that defines Jets fandom, which is much more comfortable.

What a relief!

No comments: