Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Sherman Avenue Block Party Completely Biased Baseball Preview: ALDS: Red Sawx vs. Angels

Since I deferred to Josh on the Yankees series I have to analyze this piece of crap series between two teams I wish would fucking die. I mean seriously who can bring themselves to possibly like either of these teams?



First the Angels, I guess my man reason for hating them is for pretending they are in Los Angeles. Your not in LA you are in Anaheim, just live with it, there is nothing wrong with Anaheim. There are other things I hate; the rally monkey, John Lackey, the Mexican guy who owns the team, the old cowboy who used to own the team and yes the fact that they own my beloved Yankees.



Now the reasons for hating Boston are so obvious. First and foremost as a New York sports fan I an breed to hate all things New England and having visited the fare city of Boston I just plain don’t like it, with all those khaki-fied preppy Ivy league wanna-be elitist snobs. Oh yeah, and what is worse is the khaki-fied preppy Ivy league wanna-be elitist snobs who pretend to be hardcore Sawx fans, especially since their World Series a few years ago.



The only worse type of Sawx fan is the non baseball Sawx fan who likes them just because they hate the Yankees. Listen I don’t mind if you hate the Yankees, but at least know why you hate the Yankees. Don’t say you hate them for ruining sports because of escalating salaries and teams buying championships (by the way Boston look in the mirror, Kevin Garnett is the one who changed pro sports contracts forever and Danny Ainge sold his child to get that guy). Say why you hate them, you hate them because they win, nobody hates the bad teams. Nobody hated the Hartford Whalers, nobody hates the Devil Rays, nobody hates the Jets (okay so that was a cheap shot Dan).



Hmmmm, so you want analysis of this series. Well since I don’t condone the slaughter of the innocent is their anyway a Typhoid epidemic could wipe out both teams without harming the fans?



Okay, I guess not so these games are going to have to be played. The Red Sox are way better than the Angles. The Angles feasted on the week Western Division with superstar teams like the Athletics and Rangers. Come to think about it the Rangers are becoming about as irrelevant the Indians once were. And speaking of irrelevant so is this series since it is simply a prelude to the team that will get steamrolled by the Yankees in the LCS.



So, Sawx in four I guess……….and the children were saved by, let’s say………..Moe.

No comments: