Friday, December 21, 2007

Filowitz's Friday Five

Late because I'm Seattle edition!

1) I'm going to see the Sonics tonight at the Key Arena. That should be interesting. I plan on enjoying Kevin Durant and booing Earl Watson. Maybe I can even get a "Fire Isiah" chant going. That'd be fun.

2) The Raptors are who they're playing. I'll get to see what the big deal is about Chris Bosh and this high-scoring Toronto team. And to see if this Jamario Moon character is as for real as he seems to be in the limited times I've watched Raptors games this year.

3) The NFL playoffs can't start soon enough. We know who the top teams are already. Let's see them play big-time big-pressure games. I want to know who is going to choke, who will fail miserably, and who might end up performing so bad that they end up like Nick Anderson after the 1995 NBA Finals.

4) Remember that NBA related project I've been mentioning? (Pretend you do) It is now officially ready to be announced. Readers, I present to you The Disciples of Clyde NBA Podcast! This is a new weekly podcast about the NBA that I am doing with my creative collaborator, Ken Drews. This is the link: http://disciplesofclyde.com/ You can go there right now and download episodes, including the most recent one, where we talk about going to the Knicks-Bulls game last week. Listen, and subscribe to our RSS feed (we'll be available on iTunes soon, too.)

5) Happy Christmas to all you goyim out there! Enjoy celebrating the birth of your savior by embracing the consumerism and money-lending he so vehemently abhorred! Ah, I'm just kidding - eat a Santa-shaped ginger bread cookie just for me.

1 comment:

THE INNOVATOR said...

Heathen!!!

I will enjoy my Jew cookies on Monday and Tuesday. I am jealous of you, I unfortunately will be attending the Knicks/Lakers game Sunday, how miserable will that be, huh?

Yo, when can I get down with the podcast, whatever the hell that is, I have opinions that need to be heard and I am the one who basically invented Clyde and most especially the famous line:

"You can call him Walt, you can call him Clyde, you can even call him Walt Clyde, but you can't call him Clyde Walt."