Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Here Come The Warm Jets: Week 15

I refused to watch the Jets-Pats game.

It snowed in Chicago on Saturday night, it was cold on Sunday, and I need a vacation. I didn’t need to be further depressed.

I mean, look, we all knew the Jets weren’t going to be the one team to beat the Pats this year. Not a chance.

So the only reason to watch was to root for the team to not lose by a lot. Does that sound like fun to you? Go team! Try to lose by less than three touchdowns! Whee!

Anyway, the Jets lost, but managed to be competitive, and forced Tom Brady into his worst game of the year. Hooray for moral victories.

The only good thing you can really say is that the team hasn’t quit, and that there are enough young guys in key positions to give hope for a nice turnaround next year.

The bad things you can say go on for a while. In short, they need a right tackle and left guard (getting rid of Pete Kendall was so dumb, I don’t even want to talk about it). They need to draft a big defensive lineman that can stop the run and get pressure on the QB. They could really use a big-play wide receiver, or anyone truly explosive on offense.

I’ll be in Seattle this coming weekend, watching the Jets-Titans game with the biggest Jets fan I know, Teaneck’s own Greg Kohler. I predict we’ll be drunk and cursing a lot, especially once the Jets allow Vince Young to look like a cross between Randall Cunningham and Joe Montana. Report to follow.

2 comments:

THE INNOVATOR said...

Honestly, maybe its you Dan. Maybe you shouldn't be a sports fan. You are like Eddie Mush from A Bronx Tale. What good are you to a team? As of right now to the Knicks and Jets you provide no real finacial support int he way of marketing, ticket purchasing or game appearel and your rooting harder for the team only ceases to make them worse.

I tell you what if I had a franchise and you came within 500 feet of us I would get a restraining order.

zman said...

The working man's a sucker.