Friday, December 14, 2007

Filowitz's Friday Five

Late Friday edition!

1) Kris covers the Mitchell report so I don’t have to. Here’s a fun game: guess which one of his text-message responses was mine! Winner gets racked in the chops by Mr. D. Loser gets racked in the chops by Mrs. D. (is there a better phrase than “racked in the chops”? I’m going to say no.)

2) Here’s what it’s like to be a Knicks fan right now: I miss Kurt Thomas. I watched that loss to the Sonics and literally said out loud (to no one) “I miss Kurt Thomas.” I need help.

3) Why else do I need help? I’m actually going to see the Knicks play the Bulls tonight. I’ll write about it soon if my eyes don’t bleed to death.

4) It’s not really a revelation or anything, but Kevin Durant is a pretty sick player. The dunk he had against the Knicks in the fourth quarter, where he went around a screen and blew by David Lee, was incredible. He made it look so easy, so fluid, so quick. He’s 6’10”. It shouldn’t look that easy. If actually gets a real point guard (the Seattle SuperSonics, starring Earl Watson as Beyond Horrible and Luke Ridnour as Totally Worthless) he will be frightening.

5) Where do you think that Houston-Denver game ranks in all time lowest rated cable programs? Lowest of the year, or of all time?

No comments: