Friday, March 28, 2008

Filowitz's Friday Five

1) When a guy is right, he's right. And Kris, well, he's been right. Everything he said about Thursday night's games were dead on. There's a good chance everything he said about Friday's games will be right, too. I don't know about you all, but I'm not sure how I feel about a world where Kris is this right all the time. Someone hold me.

2) It all came together for me watching tonight's NBA games: I really want Dallas to miss the playoffs. First, because Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, and JR Smith (JR Smith can do this) should be in the playoffs. For maximum entertainment, and to see if AI has another run in him (which for Martin might make up for Georgetown's early tourney exit.) Second, because Baron Davis (and his beard), Stephen Jackson (and his crazy chest tattoo), and Monte Ellis (and his Monte Ellis-ness) should be in the playoffs. For ultra-maximum entertainment, and to have the Golden State crowd back in our lives. Third, because Josh Howard doesn't need to be in the playoffs. Because he doesn't do anything for me; he's good, but uninspiringly so. Fourth, because Mark Cuban has been on my nerves (the blogger ban was fucktarded) and I'd like to see him suffer a little. For these four reasons, take your time coming back, Dirk.

3) All of this good basketball happening on the West Coast is not helping my insomnia. At all. I'm staying up late on Tuesday and Wednesday nights to make sure I catch Lakers-Warriors and Wizards-Sonics games. And just wait until the playoffs start. I may never sleep again.

4) The Disciples of Clyde NBA Podcast now is on Facebook! If any of you lovely readers are also on Facebook, come check out our page and become a fan. And, you know, feel free to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. It is free, and you'll make this Jewish guy in Chicago real happy if you did.

5) Yesterday was erstwhile Sherman Avenue Block Party writer Josh's birthday. If anyone has seen him lately, tell him happy birthday from all of us here at the Block Party. Also tell him that he is old. And possibly gay. But definitely old.

No comments: