Monday, July 14, 2008

Go Away

Now everyone knows I am huge Brett Favre fan. And when his retirement happened I didn't really mention it here on the blog. His career speaks for itself, it is one of those that doesn't need definition or clarification.

As is the case with so many athletes he already has an itch to comeback, which fucking sickens me to no end. I have had to live through I don't know how many Sugar Ray Leonard retirements, Michael Jordan playing with the Wizards, and the Roger Clemens sweepstakes every year. Now again, another all time great will don a uniform that makes him look totally out of place.

I don't have a big long diatribe to go on here about owing something to the fans or being allowed to come back because he has earned it and all that jazz. I do have a simple solution. When you announce your retirement from a major professional sport, no matter how good or bad you are, we cut one of your legs off.

That way if you have any thoughts of coming back, you nedd just look down and say "Oh shit, I only have one fucking leg."

No comments: