Monday, August 4, 2008

Across the Pond

Yeah, I know I havent been around much lately. Usually my summers are filled with trips to the beach and lots of golf, but a new coaching staff has squashed all that nonsense. This has been perhaps the busiest summer of my life, and it only promises to get more so as we lead into the fall.

I will be taking my many talents, including my unwavering patriotism and complete hatred for all foreigners, across the pond to our sister continent, Europe. I will be traveling with the University of South Carolina mens basketball team over to the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Austria. As always, I will be representing my basketabll team and my university as I go on this trip. Moreover, I will be representing the great DeBlasio family name, the town of Teaneck where I was reared, the great state of New Jersey which mad me the jaded soul I am today and the country of America (the self proclaimed, a proclaimaition I happen to agree with, greatest nation on the planet).

I plan to do this in pure George W. fashion, by making fun of things I don't understand, not caring when I pronounce foreigners names wrong and generally being an obnoxious American. Wish me luck, and lets hope I dont create and international incident.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!

2 comments:

zman said...

I bet you're just going over there to pick up your mail order Slovakian bride. Slovakian ladies are supposed to be attractive ... I think.

Anonymous said...

From Tom Emersons blog in The State newspaper's website:

"The ride to Bratislava was fairly uneventful and quiet, except for a 20-minute stretch of excessive snoring by one staff who will remain anonymous.

It was Kris DeBlasio, the video coordinator. I have no inside information, it’s just a wild guess that can in no way be wrong.

Another staff member was seen recording footage of the (snoring) scene on a cell phone and another obtained audio using a professional recorder."