Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Am Filled With Expletives And Not Much Else

Brett Favre is a Jet.

This would be great news if it was 1996.

Unfortunately, it is 2008. So this is the opposite.

The only thing that would make me happy right now is if the Packers signed Browning Nagle, for symmetry.

The only good news is that they didn't give that much up, I guess.

Am I supposed to say that I can't wait to watch him throw all those "adorable" interceptions that make him so endearing to people like Peter King?

Am I supposed to say that this is going to take the team to the Super Bowl when I know that it won't?

No. I'm supposed to say fuck a lot. Which is what I'm doing, believe me.

Fuck.

3 comments:

John Chappell said...

This site fell off.

zman said...

How excited were you for Vinny? You have to view Favre as an upgrade over Pennington or Clemens, and Clemens may learn a thing or two watching Favre for a year. Sort of like watching "Fat Albert." The Jets play a relatively easy schedule, and if Favre brings them an extra two wins they could make the playoffs. Which is more than I expect from my beloved Bills.

Anonymous said...

How can you not be excited as a Jets fan? Were they going to the super bowl this year? Are they going now? Was this going to be a fun year to watch as a Jet fan living in the same area as the fans from the other team? The answer for all of those bbf (before brett favre)was an emphatic no...this year just got that much more entertaining and i'm psyched...Pennington v Favre week 1; Brady v Favre week 2...can't start off a year any better than that.