Friday, September 26, 2008

The Collapse, Part Deux!!!

Here is the thing, I really dont hate the Metropolitans all that much, but it is hilarious watching this unfold again.

I have some Yankee bretheren who just revel in every Mets loss or error or scoreless inning for that matter, not me. I don't mind seeing the Metropolitans do well, it doesn't bother or effect me; they aren't really a rival for my beloved Yankees. I would much rather the Blue Jays plain go down in a fiery wreckage or a Noreaster come along and wipe out Fenway Park while the Sawx hold "fan" appreciation day.

But to watch and listen to Mets fans as this drama unfolds once again is just great theatre. Everyone knows about their historical collapse last year, while this years isn't as spectacular it is hilarious nonetheless. It is so funny because the Brewers want no part of actually making the playoffs either, and it is a war of attrition between these two teams.

That, and for the second year in a row when consulting with Mets fans friends of mine before the season both years they would say things like, "Well hell, who is going to win the NL East, the Phillies?" Yup, it appears they will for the second year in a row.

So lets go Brew Crew and lets go Marlins. How fun will it be to see Mets fans launching themselves off the upper deck of Shea Stadium before they tear that hell hole to the ground where it belongs.

2 comments:

Twinkie said...

He stole my blog title. He stole my thunder and yes, he stole my heart...

Oh wait, the Mets already have it and they're doing a Mexican Hat dance around it, ready to jump down with their pointed cleats.

It's nice that Johan is willing to go on Saturday to keep the season alive but the fact of the matter is the season ended today when Jose Reyes went 0-for-5 and the offense decided that Pelfrey's 6 innings and 3 runs wouldn't be enough against the almighty...

I don't even know who, but he's great. The Fish are great and we'll be home, planning our fishing trips soon enough.

Yurri The Fucking Giant said...

You're just mean!