Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Here Come The Warm Jets: Week 12 2008

It's a few days later, and I still don't really believe that game.

The Jets just played a basically perfect game? On the road? Against the best team in the AFC? That had been undefeated? A week after winning one of the biggest regular season games in franchise history?

That all happened?

Seriously?

I didn't just go on a three week Hunter-Thompson-ian bender and hallucinate the whole thing?

Well, assuming I don't awaken from a fever dream and turn out to have been in bed with Victoria Principal the whole time, then here we are, with the Jets 8-3, and arguably the best team in the AFC.

This feels weird.

I'm uncomfortable.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with myself. It's like those awkward conversations with a hot girl where you're not sure exactly where you should put your hands (on your side, cross your arms, behind your back, moving around punctuating your sentences....)

All I can say is let's see what happens this week against Denver at home. If this kind of incredibly high level of play continues, expect a full-fledged cognitive meltdown on my part.

If not, then expect another kind of meltdown.

Either way, keep reading every week, to see me have a meltdown.

1 comment:

THE INNOVATOR said...

Ia m so waiting for you to wake up. I think a 20 point loss to Denver at home this weekend would do it. The people of Chicago thought Ms. O'Leary's cow did some damage, just wait till they have a scorned Jets fan on their hands!!