Sunday, April 19, 2009

Game 12 - Brewers 4, Mets 2

Absolutely frustrating.

This is the same crap I dealt with for the past two years. This is one of the reasons I didn't think about buying the MLB Extra Innings package. Why pay to watch crap like this and only have myself to blame. At least right now I'm watching for free on Gamecast and listening to the game on my XM radio.

yeah, I pay for that. But when my contract ended last month and I called to cancel, they offered to give me three months for free. You know, to see if I could come back and give them some more money in the future.

I might and I might not, but either way for right now, I'm listening for free.

So I wasn't as pissed off to see this team load the bases and not plate more than one run. I wasn't as pissed off to see them put two on late and leave them right where they were...

I was asked, in my desperate attempt to gain more viewers to this site, if I thought the Mets really could contend in the NL East. What with the defending champs and the Marlins' young hurlers and the ever-present Braves...

Well, I look at it a couple of different ways. First and foremost, I really think the Marlins are going to win the division. I'm not stupid enough to think they're this year's Rays. That would be the Royals, if anybody but they'll fade.

No, I think that Livan has a better chance to take the hill every fifth day than Pedro did last year. That last year the only pitcher on my staff to have a career year would be Mike Pelfrey and he's too young to really say that. The hope is that he would improve, this arm tendinitis notwithstanding.

Yes, you have to hope that Maine can battle back from injury, that Oli can be more good than horrifically bad and that Livan can pitch decent. Yes, I said the same thing in a similar post, but the point is this year if they go late into a game with the lead, we've got a much better chance for a happy recap than last.

So that's what I'm banking on. I'll take that thought to bed with me, headed into a getaway day with planes landing in St. Louis for a Tuesday start. I'll see about some offday thoughts, but Monday's is my only true TV day and add the NBA playoffs to that mix and...

Well, who knows?

No comments: