Monday, April 20, 2009

Off-day thoughts

A late entry from my conscience music post:

- I would have to say that when it comes to music that conscious could mean a couple of things. First is using the medium to speak about different issues going on in the world. Second is that successful artists that understand it's still about the music and not about the fame and fortune (for the most part). Two conscious rappers would have to be KRS One and Public Enemy. I relly can't think of any others because all modern day rappers talk about being some sort of pimp, easy women and drinking champaign. I guess those could be real world issues in somebody's world. A few other non hip hop artists would be U2, Springsteen and Neil Young. I could probably name more, but you only asked for a couple. Pretty much any artist at the Obama inaugural concert would be considered conscious. I think I've said enough.

- I'll never forget the preseason interview with the Celtic's Big 3 - KG, The Truth and Ray. The interviewer asked them to answer at the same time. End of the game, who gets the shot? KG and Pierce said Ray and when you see him hit that shot to beat the Bulls Monday night, you know why.

- 2-for-13 with runners in scoring position?!?!? To steal one of the rarely few funny things from recent SNL episodes, a segment from Weekend Update. Really?!?!? I mean, really!?!? They load the bases and Delgado taps one right back to the pitcher? Really?

But what's even worse was earlier in that inning after my new catcher, Omir Santos, hit a triple with nobody out, Ryan Church couldn't make contact to bring him home. That's the type of at-bat you expect someone batting .378 on the year to come through.

Maybe all the detractors are right. All you Yankee fans who hate the Mets for no better reason than to have someone close to you to hate. Maybe we're choke artists and will never be any good and all that silly stuff. Maybe the Mets fans who hate their own team are right. That we need to fire Omar for hiring too many hispanics and fill our roster with white guys that can hit in the clutch.

I don't know where I went with that, but hopefully I'll be back sometime soon.

I'll be back tomorrow and maybe I'll get to the Facebook point I wanted to make, but completely forgot. And maybe Oli Perez will put back to back quality starts together.

No comments: