Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Game 2 - Mets 9, Reds 7

Maybe it's just the uniform...

There are things to talk about, like Mike Pelfrey's struggles in the first or the fact he settled down and pitched long enough to earn the win.

How about Reyes and Murphy each going 1-for-4 with a walk. That means they're getting on base early in the season, which is nothing but a good sign. Same goes for Delgado and Beltran...

Or the bullpen debut of Bobby Parnell, throwing nothing but heat. Or the fact that everybody in the pen struggled, but got enough over to get it done including K-Rod.

Ah, K-Rod, walking the bases loaded with just one out. Thanks to the free preview, I was able to watch the game on the Extra Innings package, so I was able to hear Thom Brenneman and Jeff Brantley root on the Men In Red, waiting for K-Rod to blow up.

I will say this. I was in a rocking chair in my kid's bedroom but I still likely would have been swaying back and forth. Then again, Frankie didn't have his best stuff but he still managed to get outs when he needed it and that's all you can ask for.

I could ask for an explanation, but it would be silly, but I was all excited about the fact that my ITunes has a radio feature that includes WFAN, the Mets flagship radio station. I was thinking that I could listen to games, especially after listening to preseason games.

But that was the preseason. Tonight, when I was forced into my bedroom, I tried it out and listened to commercials for about 5 minutes before realizing they blacked out the game. Just means I'll have to watch Gameday since I can't seem to get a decent reception on my XM Radio...

Sucks to be me, especially since tomorrow's 12:45 p.m. start means I can try to listen at work but let's all be honest. I don't think they'll pay me for a 3-hour lunch break.

----------------
Now playing: WFAN
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you get the MLB network where you are but if you do I highly suggest taking advantage of their nightly broadcast. They jump around from game to game whenever something interesting is happening....The Mets ninth included