Thursday, May 14, 2009

Game 33 - Braves 8, Mets 7 (12 innings)

Although this was a 1 p.m. start and I didn't have to go to work until 2 p.m., I still forgot the game was on. When I turned it on, they were down 4-2.

Moments later, Tatis' grand slam gave them a 6-4 lead. I then pretty much heard the bullpen give the game back and had to work, so I didn't catch Sheffield's game-tying homer.

I did get a chance to tune in in the 12th and saw just how close Jose Reyes came to tying the game and then watched as Beltran chased high heat and Shef watched a wicked curve after seeing nothing but fastballs and a rolling changeup.

Now, after a damn good homestand, we head out west. I can't stand this trip and hope that this is the last time we'll do the SF-LA swing with no off day inbetween.

I'll see what I can do about staying up till 1 p.m. to check a score. I wonder if John Maine caught a flight out to San Fran early Wednesday morning instead of the 6-7 p.m. team flight after the game.

No comments: