Friday, May 15, 2009

Game 34 - Mets 7, Giants 4

This will be quick since I couldn't stay up late enough to do this after the game finished. In fact, I went to sleep after Maine pitched his way into the seventh and Stokes got the final out to end the frame.

That means the Mets were up 4-2 when I closed my eyes.

I woke up to see that Bobby Parnell, a rookie who might have pushed his young arm too much with three straight appearances, gave up a couple of runs in the bottom of the eighth but lo and behold...

David Wright's third hit of the game, to go with four stolen bases, put the Mets up and Frankie closed the door with a 7-4 win.

I did run out to "get gas" at 10 pm and heard the first inning, but I don't think I'll be able to do that tonight. And I would love to hear Jon Miller call Livan Hernandez (3-1) vs. reigning Cy Young award winner Tim Lincecum (3-1).

Shows you exactly what a pitcher's win-loss record can mean. Absolutely nothing.

No comments: