Saturday, May 16, 2009

Game 35 - Mets 8, Giants 6

OK, I'll be completely honest.

When this game started, I was with Faye on the couch. By the time I got to Gamecast, Livan had allowed 5 early runs and Lincecum was on the other side.

I thought nothing of not paying attention.

Luckily enough, when I got up a couple hours later and awoke my sleeping computer the score was suddenly tied at 6-6. Looking over the play by play, Mr. Wright might have finally decided to show up for work.

The 8-6 final score says a couple of things. But I'll wait for this afternoon's FOX Saturday matchup to really decide if we're gonna stay as the hottest team in the league.

Oh, did I just say that? It's games like this that make me worry about those who love to hop on and off the bandwagon. You don't get Yankee fans like that, but more often than not Mets fans love to love the team when they're playing well and bash them to pieces when they struggle.

I read a column by the Daily News' John Harper about how if they miss the playoffs again, they should trade Jose Reyes cuz he'll bring back the most and we won't have to see his bad base running moves.

Why not just trade him to the Padres for Peavy, bring up whoever to finish the season and see if the kid who they drooled over this spring is ready. If not, you can find a serviceable short stop anywhere. Heck, Alex Cora can start there until the kid's ready.

Then, every time you turn on Sportscenter and watch Reyes race around the bases with another triple to the gap, every Mets fan can remember what that was like. It's not like we don't have people to fill that leadoff spot in the lineup.

You know, I was joking at first but now that I say it, it doesn't sound that bad...

OK, Santana vs. Randy Johnson today. Historically, we've raked Randy, especially when he was in Arizona. Wonder what will happen now.

No comments: