Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Game 38 - Dodgers 3, Mets 2 (11 innings)

I don't have much time since I'm doing this at work and unlike most Americans, I don't have a terminal in front of me...

I won't even speak about the five errors. FIVE ERRORS, what in blue blazes is going on when a pro team makes five errors and still only loses by one in extra innings?

Good start by Tim Redding. If he can pitch this well, it would really solidify the back end of the rotation. With Maine and Pelfrey pitching well, it would give Oliver Perez as much time as needed to get healthy.

FIVE ERRORS. Really? Five.

It was good to see (on Gamecast) that Sheffield came up with a clutch hit in the eighth to tie the game at 2-2. With Delgado out indefinetely (See until we feel we need him after the 6 to 8 weeks it takes to come back. I figure 10 to 12 is more realistic), that preseason signing doesnt' seem that bad. He can fill that role and worse case scenario, he moves to play first. He's done that at one point in his career, hasn't he?

I would need to check, something I'll do when I get home from work, but this team hasn't had an offday in a long time. Meaning Carlos Beltran and David Wright have pretty much been busting thier asses for a bit. As much as Jerry Manuel gets beaten up for rotating the outfield, catcher and second base, he's pretty much left Wright and Beltran alone. Maybe they need a break.

To hit the west coast and play seven games straight, I would be happy with a 3-4 trip. 4-3 would be nice and all that will take is one win in the next two games. I'll worry about the final three games of this trip, to my old stomping grounds in Boston, when we get to them.

I think we've got Maine tonight. I stayed up with the computer in my lap, wasting time and checking the score. I don't know if I'll want to do that 2 nights in a row but we'll see.

No comments: