Sunday, May 17, 2009

Game 37 - Giants 2, Mets 0

I don't have much time for this since I'm in the middle of writing a story that I'll actually get paid for...

You can't load the bases twice with less than two outs and get nothing from it, especially when the first time you do it it's because the pitcher walked the bases loaded.

But three out of four ain't bad, especially when your losing starter allowed just two runs in six-plus innings with THREE BALKS that should have been four.

Who didn't know the Rockets were going to get smoked like a pack of Kools?

It was sad to see the Celtics go down, but this wasn't the defending champs. Not without Garnett and the great Leon Powe. It may sound like I'm joking, but he's a big part coming off the bench that they didn't have.

Had an interesting text convo with Kris about the Western Conference finals. He's taking the Lakers and I've got the Rich and Creamies. It seems his main reason would be Kobe, a great reason. I'm going to take the team with a far better point guard with something to prove and to root against Kobe. So we've got that going for us...

Tim Redding will make his long awaited debut against the Dodgers Monday night. I'll be lucky if I'm up to listen/watch two innings, so we'll see what I write about tomorrow...

No comments: