Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here Come the Warm Jets: Week 10 2009

I just had a really enjoyable weekend.

On Friday night, we had a surprise party for my friend Gabe's 30th birthday. He was actually surprised! Then, later, some of our friends decided to race for some reason. As you might expect when inebriated 30+ guys start running in the street, someone took a spill and cut up his palms. That was hilarious. And bloody. And hilarious.

On Saturday, the weather was absolutely gorgeous in Chicago. It was 65 degrees or so. In November! I spent a large part of the day wandering around the Logan Square and Palmer Square neighborhood with a friend of mine and her dog, looking at interesting old houses. Later that night, I was in an improv show that went really well - good crowd, funny show, fun all around. After the show I went drinking with friends well into the wee hours of the morning. We closed down a 3am bar, and kept on going. And I even remember how I got home! Awesome.

So am I going to let another painfully awful Jets loss ruin it for me?

Nope.

Not even going to worry about it. Didn't expect them to win. Didn't expect them to hold on to the lead after they scored the late TD and missed the two pointer. Didn't expect them to play a complete game in all phases even after a bye week.

I expect good things out of the rest of my life. I tried to expect good things out of the Jets - but where does that ever get me? No more expectations.

It's supposed to be kind of a wash of a year anyway. Rookie head coach. Rookie QB. New defense. And, despite some signs to the contrary in the first few games, that is what we got. 7-9 or 8-8 is now likely. Fine. Whatever.

Just like I didn't let the Jags loss ruin last weekend, I'm not going to let the inevitable Pats ass stomp ruin my Thanksgiving week back home.

Go ahead, Jets, lose. Lose all the rest of the games this year. See if I care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like somebody got laid this weekend (either that or you've got some good drugs)...Now that I've completely lost any hope for this team to make the playoffs I know that they're going to go on a mini run to fall just short of making the playoffs and give me one last kick in the nuts until next year...same old Jets!!!

-anonymous Jets fan

zman said...

Dan is back!