Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Game 21 - Marlins 4, Mets 3

These losses hurt just a touch, but I can't give them that much credence.

OK, besides the fact that the offense still seems to be sputtering about like a balloon losing air, these past two losses to the Fish have fallen on the bullpen. The Mariners' bullpen from last year to be precise.

Yesterday Sean Green was the culprit and today it was J.J. Putz. Santana went seven innings and then Putz gave it up in the eighth.

I didn't get a chance to catch much of this game since I decided to take lunch early to run over to a Domino's and try their new Pasta Bread Bowl dish for free from 11 am to 2 pm.

Here's the review for anyone who considers ordering this OR didn't get my text earlier today to let a couple of people know about a free meal.

Imagine a small Domino's pizza crust rolled up to form a bowl. Then fill it with the same Italian sausages, tomato sauce and cheese they use on their pizza. add some pasta and serve.

It was really good for free but I wouldn't pay for it ever.

I would pay for a clutch hit. The Amazings put the tying run on third base in the eighth and ninth innings and couldn't bring it home. I guess I have to hope this team will heat up with the weather, otherwise it's gonna be a real annoying summer.

Especially when the Mets will be on Fox Saturday baseball against the World Champion Phillies, but since I'm in Atlanta I'll get to watch the hometown Braves against the Astros.

I'll take tomorrow off with the team to ponder that crap and prepare for three games in the Illadelph.

No comments: