Friday, May 1, 2009

Game 22 - Mets 7, Phillies 4

This is the type of win against the type of team that can restart a season.

Or it could just be a blip on the radar.

I'm hoping it's the latter.

This is what you wanted to see from all aspects. Despite Jose Reyes not getting a hit, they scored twice in the first inning off Chan Ho Park because 1) It was Chan Ho Park and 2) Daniel Murphy isn't a home run hitter but a pop up to right field that's a can of corn at Citi Field is a home run in that joke of a ball park in Philly.

With a lead, Mike Pelfrey went out and just threw strikes. He did walk four and only make it into the sixth inning, but he didn't pussyfoot around that deep Philthy lineup.

The highlight of the game as far as I'm concerned happened in the second inning. Fernando Tatis singled and Omar Santos (my starting catcher. Sorry Ramon Castro) doubled. That's runners on second and third with the pitcher up.

Pelfrey hit a sac fly that not only scored Tatis, but allowed Santos to move to third. (Yet another reason why he's my starter. Neither Castro nor Schineder would be able to tag up and advance). Then Reyes got up and hit a sac fly that scored Santos. It's all about productive outs and turning a 2-0 game into a 4-0 game.

I'm a little upset with my self that I didn't get a chance to post last night. It was going to be about my favorite sports films and I could give you the short...

What's that? You want it anyway? Well, I did want to write a little something after each one...

I think I'll hold that for another off day. While the rest of the nation watches Oli Perez try to step up in a big game against the ageless Jamie Moyer because of my locale, I'll be forced to watch the Braves and the Astros. I know I complained about this before and I'll do it again.

F'in Braves!

----------------
Now playing: Charlaine Harris 3/9 - Definitely Dead 3 B
via FoxyTunes

No comments: