Saturday, May 9, 2009

Game 28 - Mets 7, Pirates 3

I didn't catch much of this game. A glimpse here on Gamecast while watching the kids. A glimpse there preparing my small surprise for my wife for Mother's Day.


Then again, it was the Pirates. Reading over the columns and stories Saturday morning, it's clear that the NY Media is focused on A-Rod and the Yankees which is great news for Mets fans.

It means they're not paying good attention to the win streak (five straight wins and 7 of their last 10), to Oli in the pen and to the various slumps on my team (Ryan Church and Jose Reyes to name a few).

They've barely noticed that we're only 1/2 game out of first behind the Flithies, who we've beaten 3 of the four times we've seen them...

Instead, I get to catch a touch of hearing supposed Mets fans on various media outlets on my XM joking about how Omar is fortunate we didn't spend the money on Manny and how Daniel Murphy, who is batting .311 by the way, might need some steroids for his defense...

I'm eventually gonna get on the radio with someone and ask if they consider greenies to be performance enhancing drugs and if so, does that taint the entire era prior to the cocaine epidemic of the 1980s?

Speaking of questions, my church question was answered by someone who wants me to call, which I can understand. But then again, if I wanted to call or had the time or the like, wouldn't I have done that before?

Or maybe this is the first step towards something, something like...

Something like another quality start by John Maine this afternoon against the Pirates.

No comments: