Monday, May 11, 2009

Game 30 - Mets 8, Pirates 4

I'm not gonna say much, but they have won seven straight.

OK, so I'll make a couple of quick points:

- Six innings and less than three runs is all you can ask for and expect from Livan every fifth day. But if he does it every time out, he'll be well worth whatever they're paying him.

- Who told Big Baby Davis he could drain 18-foot jumpers with ease? I mean, total confidence with his skills and it's not like the Magic didn't have a chance to see film of him doing this against the Bulls in the first round...

- Almost don't want to see Carlos Beltran stay hot. I mean, you can't expect him to stay this hot for the whole season, but then again it's not like he doesn't have the talent...

- OK, so Schnider is down but should be back soon. Castro is out with a bad quad and we're using Omar Santos, who I'm sure that 98 percent of Mets fans couldn't pick out of a lineup on April 15, yet alone three weeks ago when he first put on a major league uniform.
Delgado is hitting for power, but he's still at about .250. Jose Reyes had dropped below .300 and David Wright is striking out like he's been imitating Ryan Howard's swing. While Daniel Murphy is batting over. 300, he's not hitting for power and despite a torrid start, Ryan Church has cooled off considerably.

What's my point? I know it's just the Pirates, but it was the Braves and Flithies before that. My point is no one is peaking right now except for Beltran, so maybe there is reason for hope for this team.

But all I need to remember is after this Braves series, we get a seven-game reality check on the West Coast. I'm not looking past Atlanta, but if we can go 3-4 on the Left Coast I'll be happy.

I'll be happy to tell you that I'm gonna search for a way to listen to Monday's game with Santana vs. Lowe. I won't be able to watch it cuz I'll be at work on a 2 pm to 11 pm shift.

Sucks to be me.

No comments: