Sunday, May 31, 2009

Game 48 - Mets 3, Marlins 2

You can look at this win in two lights. One, yet another injury with Angel Pagan going down with a bum groin after hitting a double to score the game's first run. Beltran missed the game with a stomach bug that sat him out last night and John Maine pitched six strong innings but left due to a similar stomach bug.

At least Alex Cora is close to coming back, adding some much needed depth to a team that is losing people daily.

You could also look at it from the fact they went 5-of-6 on this past homestand, that we're only .5 back of the Flithies and we've got games at Pittsburgh and the gNats coming up before the season takes a turn towards difficult.

Speaking of which, I think we may have solved one of the most difficult things to deal with when moving to a new city. Yes, I know I moved to the ATL last summer but I wasn't planning on staying in an apartment for the rest of my life.

Maybe after my wife leaves me for a doctor, I start growing my dreads again and spend more weekends just 'veggin out'. But even then, I would still want a house so I wouldn't have anyone bothering me about that consistent crying noise, only occasionally blocked out by random musical selections...

But I digress. That and I won't jinx a good thing until someone signs on the dotted line and the movers are driving away, meaning the Mexicans we hired at the U-Haul hop back into their pick up and drive away with the 12-pack of Modelo and $40 for a day's work well done.

Anyway, Elton John's song goes tomorrow against Ian Snell. Wasn't he gonna be the next big thing? They said the same thing about Zach Grenkie and were wrong for years before now...

No comments: