Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Game 50 - Pirates 3, Mets 1

This could hurt a lot since it's a huge waste to ever lose a Johan Santana start, but...

It was bound to catch up with us sometime. I mean, even in this game Ramon Martinez, over-37 year old infielder supreme Ramon Martinez, went down...

Maybe the team was thinking about the upcoming NBA Finals and how the world will pick the Lakers, despite the Magic winning twice in the regular season (doesn't count), that LA has little to no answer for Dwight Howard (Has no post game and can be neutralized) or the fact that Jamir Nelson in uniform on the bench will be a big help (the Lakers are the better team).

Clearly, my general hatred for Kobe will have me rooting for the Magic, but what can I do besides wonder if the team will push back Santana's next start so he faces the Flithies early next week...

Meanwhile, I've got to look to Mike Pelfrey to end this losing streak.

1 comment:

zman said...

I wanted to talk to Lumpy about Dwight Howard today but got cut off after I proposed that Mariano Rivera, not Derek Jeter, was the basis for the Yankees' success over the past 10-12 years. I think that centers from the 1990's would eat Dwight Howard alive because his game is so limited. Olajuwan, Robinson, Ewing, Shaq, even Mourning, Mutumbo, and maybe even Rik Smits could guard him. All he can do is put back offensive rebounds.